Monday, March 12, 2012

Keepin’ It Real - The Kitchen Shelves

This is the current state of the open shelves in my kitchen.

Keepin' It Real

Why am I sharing this photo?

For two reasons:

  1. To motivate me to stick with my March Break goal of tackling this project.
  2. It always makes me feel better as a reader to see that it’s not picture perfect in every part of other bloggers’ houses.

When we moved in, we I thought “what nice shelves – they’ll be great for displaying things!”  Now, I look at them and think “grrr . . . what a huge waste of space! All they do is collect stuff.”

What stuff you ask?

Well, let’s play 10 things that don’t belong in this picture.

Kitchen Shelves - 10 things

  1. The syringe for Pumpkin’s medicine.
  2. You can’t even see it, but in that bowl is an Invisibelt – fabulous invention for people who always need to wear a belt but don’t want a buckle bump.
  3. Christmas ornament that I have not put away because it’s a felt apple and it’s my favourite green.
  4. Motrin – I live with a coffee drinker who gets a caffeine headache if he doesn’t have his weekend coffee within the ‘magic window’ of time.
  5. Bottle of fabric paint medium.  I don’t know.
  6. Valentine heart-shaped LED tea lights. 99 cents on clearance . . . but it’s now March 12th.
  7. Reusable water bottle from HomeSense that I thought was SO pretty until I discovered it does not even hold the volume of one water bottle.
  8. Box of Polident tabs (again, hiding). I have all my teeth but acquired these after reading tips that say they are great for cleaning old bottles.
  9. Battery charger for my camera – I had to patiently wait to take this not-so-lovely photo.
  10. Easter pick decoration (which means this mess has something from Christmas, Valentine’s Day and Easter)

Part of the reason for this chaos is, oddly enough, the creation of my blog. I usually have a little vignette on the top of the dresser but I needed pieces of it for my March Mantel so everything spiralled out of control from there. It’s a slippery slope.

However, with the help of a lovely $7.99 HomeSense purchase, my shelf transformation is on its way!

Ava Apple Macbeth Collection Tub

I hope you will come back for the reveal at the end of the week!

Thanks for reading (and not judging!!!)

Pin It
P.S. I will be sharing one of my kitchen shelf transformation projects on Wednesday in conjunction with The Pinterest Challenge: Winter Edition.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, Love this post! I definatley have a spot like that in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely see how easily that would get disorganized. I'm not a very organized person myself, so keeping open shelves neat would definitely be a challenge for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only I could keep my house neat, organized, and tidy! Let's just say it takes a few hours of work before anyone comes over,lol! =) Thanks for visiting me at The Latest Find! Looking forward to more of your posts, especially your reveal at the end of the week! Hope you're having a good week!
    www.TheLatestFind.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I appreciate you taking the time to comment - it makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...