Friday, August 3, 2012

Five Things on Friday: Recipes I’ve Tried

Five Things on Friday Banner

I have a Pinterest board filled with delicious looking recipes. Today I wanted to share five recipes that I have actually made and enjoyed (there have been a few that did not live up to my expectations).

If you are interested in any of these recipes, please click on the image and pin from the original source.

1.  BLT Pinwheels

BLT Pinwheels

{Source}

These are delicious! We have eaten them three times since I pinned this recipe with two modifications – no sun-dried tomatoes (but the wrap is already tomato-basil) and full pieces of bacon instead of bacon bits.  I never would have thought that cream cheese and mayonnaise would be so great together.

2. Three Ingredient Berry Cobbler

Three Ingredient Berry Cobbler

{Source}

I have tested out a few of these dump cake recipes with varying success. I didn’t pick this recipe for the diet factor but because it had been repinned quite a bit.

I made this for Canada Day dessert using several bags of frozen fruit and one and a half cans of 7-Up. We don’t drink a lot of pop here but ended up with four cans from a pizza order.

If you make this, be sure to cover all of the cake mix with the pop (that’s where the extra half can came into play) and expect it to cook for at least twice as long as they say!

3. Brown Sugar & Dijon Glazed Pork Loin

Brown Sugar Glazed Pork Loin

{Source}

Probably the easiest non-crock pot pork dinner we have ever cooked. Juicy, flavourful . . . mmm. I can’t wait for pork loin to go on sale so that we can have this again!

4. Toffee Poke Cake

Toffee Poke Cake

{Source}

This was an early Father’s Day dessert to be shared by 5 people. There were lots of leftovers for everyone, even with seconds. Incredibly easy to make and just as delectable as it looks. I look forward to trying it with other “poke” flavours.

5. Peanut Butter Confetti Cake

Peanut Butter Confetti Cake

{Source}

Loosen your belt and undo your top button. These are SO decadent. 

Mr. Mechanic’s Mom always adds these to her baking care packages and they don’t last long. I thought they would be much harder to make than they are.

Follow Jo-Anna’s advice – let the mixture cool a bit before adding your marshmallows. My advice? Use a 9 x 13 pan instead of an 8 x 8. A little square goes a long way!

So, now you’ve got some options for your weekend meals!  Have you found any great recipes via Pinterest?

Pin It

P.S. Check out two recipes of my own that I have shared – an Iced Cappuccino Protein Smoothie and Tuna Pasta Salad


I link up at: Serenity Now, I {Heart} Naptime, Under The Table And Dreaming, Nifty Thrifty Things, Simply Klassic Home, Home Stories A to Z, Craftomaniac, Skip To My Lou, Not JUST A Housewife, A Bowl Full Of Lemons, Alderberry Hill, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, A Diamond In The Stuff, Creatively Living, The Winthrop Chronicles, Clean & Scentsible, Oopsey Daisy, Lil’ Luna, Someday Crafts, Live.Laugh.Rowe, The 36th Avenue, aka design, House of Hepworths, 52 Mantels, Thrifty Decorating, Crafty Scrappy Happy, How To Nest For Less, Tatertots & Jello, The Grant Life, It’s Overflowing, Lolly Jane, Too Much Time, Six Sisters’ Stuff, Positively Splendid, My {Re}purposed Life, Unrefined By Design, Dragonfly Designs, Just Us Four, Liz Marie Blog and The Crafted Sparrow

2 comments:

  1. Yummers! My husband's Grandma has been making the peanut butter squares since he was a little boy, but they always called it "Slice" for some reason! It is SO decadent, and you're right- much better spread out over a larger pan so the pieces aren't so thick. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the toffee poke cake (we call it Skor cake here)! It's making my mouth water just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I appreciate you taking the time to comment - it makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...